General Contest Rules for Artistic Media Partners, Inc. Stations
Promotion 2015 - LF
These are the General/Specific Contest Rules for active contests in 2015 – LF (“Promotions”) being held on Artistic Media Partners, Inc.’s (AMP) WAZY-FM, WBPE-FM, WYCM-FM, WSHY-AM in Lafayette, IN. If you ever have a question please call the station at 765-474 1410 extension 243. Specific contest rules may apply.
Artistic Media Partners
3824 South 18th Street
Lafayette, IN 47909
Sponsor: WAZY, WBPE, WYCM & WSHY
Quantity Retail Value
WAZY – WAZY Workday Payday 60 Winners of $96.50
Approximate Odds: the odds of being caller number nine are indeterminable and are based on the number of people participating and calling in for each event and the caller being a qualified participant.
1. Promotions are generally open for participation only by those listeners residing in the twelve county Indiana service area, defined as Tippecanoe, Cass, Carroll, Clinton, Boone, Montgomery, Fountain, Warren, Benton, Jasper, Pulaski and White counties in Indiana.
2. Contests and Promotions are not open to AMP employees, current and previous, subsidiaries or agents, employees of co-sponsoring participants in various Promotions, employee's and co-sponsor's immediate families, employee's and co-sponsor's household members, prior AMP or sponsor employees, and all other radio broadcast, television, electronic or print industry employees.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotions.
4. Participation in Promotions constitutes permission of all Participants and winner(s) for AMP and participating sponsors to publicize and/or broadcast the promotion participant's name, image, photograph, character, likeness, voice, entry and the fact that he/she participated in and/or won the contest. There will be no additional compensation.
5. Certain prizes may be mailed to winners at the discretion of AMP with no prior arrangements or approval. No date sensitive prizes, weighed prizes or cash value prizes will be mailed. AMP is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
6. Any qualifying prizes must be picked up at the station during regular business hours (8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday - closed Holidays) within thirty (30) days of winning or prize will be forfeited.
7. When the winner(s) of a Contest or Promotion are determined by a random drawing, odds of winning are determined by the eligible number of entries.
8. When on-air Promotions are conducted, odds are determined by the number of people listening who attempt to participate in each Promotion.
9. When a Contest or Promotion requires on-site registration, all entries must be completed, by hand, at the registration point. Entry blanks may not be removed from the registration site and returned later. Participants may enter once per event unless otherwise specified. Anyone found entering more than once will be disqualified.
10. If entry is required in any Contest or Promotion, all entries must be received by the specified entry deadline.
11. All Promotion participants must be at least 18 years of age unless specific rules apply to specific promotions. If a minor wins a Promotion, then in that case the prize may be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian if specifically approved by Artistic Media Partners Inc Management.
12. Only one person per household may qualify or win on WAZY, WBPE, WYCM or WSHY for any 30 day period*. In the event that two members of the same household qualify or win, the 2nd qualifier or winner will be disqualified and removed from the contest and his or her prize will be available for another contestant. Same household is defined as living at the same residence.
12a. *Only one person per household may win WAZY WORKDAY PAYDAY ONCE during current promotion.
13. Valid state identification (ex. Driver's License/ID Card) is required to claim a prize or participate in any Contest or Promotion. In order to claim prize(s), winners will be required to show proof of identity and may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility release/prize acceptance form and a W-9 tax form. Noncompliance within 10 business days of prize(s) being awarded may result in winner's disqualification or an alternate winner being selected.
14. Participants must use their true, legal name and address when participating in Promotions or they will be disqualified and prize forfeited
15. AMP may, at its discretion, designate judges for each Contest or Promotion. In the absence of a specific judge named for any contest or promotion, then in that case the Program Director or Station Manager of AMP will serve as contest judge. These contest judges will determine the winner(s) in all contests and promotions. All decisions made by the designated judges are final. By participating, Promotion participants agree to be bound by all contest rules and the decisions of the judges.
16. AMP and contest sponsors are not responsible for lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible or postage-due/mail entries, telephone system or equipment failures, telephone line or technical problems, misdialing, human errors or acts of God.
17. Unless otherwise specified, all entries become the sole property of AMP and will not be returned or acknowledged.
18. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be transferred or assigned unless otherwise noted. No substitutions or cash awards in lieu of prizes are allowed unless otherwise specified.
19. Participants waive any and all claims of liability against AMP contest sponsors, their affiliates, employees, agents, their families and members of their households from any accident, loss, and/or injury occurring as a result or consequence of participants' participation in contests or promotions and/or winners' acceptance or use of prizes awarded such Contests and Promotions.
20. AMP reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value.
21. Winners assume any and all tax liabilities that may be applicable and related to claiming of prizes over a certain value. In other words, contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and are void where prohibited or restricted by law.
22. AMP and/or participating sponsors will issue a 1099 tax form for all prizes valued at $600.00 or more, including multiple cash prizes to the same winner adding up to $600.00 or more over the course of a given year. By claiming prize(s), winner agrees to accept the estimate of fair market value placed on prize(s) by AMP and/or participating sponsors.
23. When prize consists of admission to a concert or ticketed event and the event is postponed, rained out or cancelled, AMP and/or participating sponsors will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
24. Winner(s) are solely responsible for insurance (when required), other prize-related expenses as may be specified, gratuities, and all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
25. Winner's names and copies of contest rules are available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Contest Rules, 3824 South 18th Street Lafayette, IN 47909. Or, you can pick them up by stopping by the AMP offices located at the same address during normal business hours.
26. These rules may be changed or altered at any time without prior notice.
27. Contest Rules are Final and Binding. By entering any Promotion, Participants acknowledge that they have read and understand the Promotion’s Rules and agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with those Rules including, without limitation, eligibility requirements and by the decisions of the AMP. Failure to comply with the Contest Rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of AMP are final and binding on all matters relating to any Contest.
28. Disqualification. Station reserves the right to disqualify any Promotion participant at any time as determined in AMP’s sole discretion, at any stage of the Promotion, should such person: (a) fail to comply with the Promotion’s Rules; (b) supply any untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and information; (c) refuse or fail to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility if requested by AMP at any time; (d) use technology to gain an unfair advantage over any other promotion participant; (e) engage in unlawful conduct or misconduct, including without limitation, harming or threatening to harm any other promotion participant or AMP’s personnel, exercising violent behavior, or potential or actual cheating; and (f) purposely impede the work of AMP or its stations and/or the implementation of the Promotion. The disqualification of a promotion participant shall be final and not subject to appeal or review for any reason whatsoever.
29. Construction of Contest Rules. The rules of any Promotion cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of AMP. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The headings of the paragraphs in these Promotion’s Rules are for the convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meanings of AMP, the scope of the Promotion’s Rules, or the intent of any paragraph hereof. AMP’s failure to enforce any term of the Promotion’s Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. AMP is not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing or reproduction of the Promotion’s Rules, administration of the Promotion or in the distribution of any prize(s).
30. Termination Provisions. Except as prohibited by law, AMP reserves the right to terminate its Promotions in the event of a force majeure or other failures or difficulties. If, for any reason, a Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of AMP, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, AMP may, in its sole discretion, (i) void any suspect entry or (ii) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of the Promotion’s Rules. AMP reserves the right to suspend or modify its Promotions at any time without notice or obligation. If such modification or suspension occurs, AMP will make a commercially reasonable effort to post notice of such on its Website(s).
31. Arbitration Provision. By participating in a Promotion, each Promotion participant agrees that any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, otherwise) that it may have with, or claims it may have against, AMP or its Stations arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Promotion, the awarding or redemption of the prize(s), or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be resolved exclusively by private, final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (“Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Forum’s Code of Procedure. Further, each Promotion participant agrees that: (a) This arbitration agreement is made pursuant to and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (b) the arbitration shall be held in St. Joseph or Marion Counties, State of Indiana, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Promotion participant and AMP; (c) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of the applicable Promotion’s Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Promotion participant may have entered into in connection with the Promotion; (d) the arbitrator shall apply Indiana law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (e) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Promotion participant’s and/or AMP’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; and (f) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the Promotion participant or AMP. Moreover, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Code of Procedure established by the Forum, the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum’s Code of Procedure, please visit its website at www.arb-forum.com or contact the Forum at National Arbitration Forum, P.O. Box 50191, Minneapolis, MN 55405, 877-655-7755.
32. Choice of Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of any Promotion’s Rules, or the rights and obligations of the parties in connection with a Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Indiana, without regard to choice of law or conflicts of laws principles under Indiana law.
33. Streaming Delay. Streaming radio broadcast inherently have a 3 to 30 second delay that is determined by the ISP, bandwidth, overall usage and buffering of an individual’s computer. AMP Stations are not responsible for delays in the streaming broadcast and any impact they might have on contesting.
Specific Contesting Rules
WAZY – WAZY Workday Payday – Beginning on or about 9.7.15, WAZY will play the WAZY Workday Payday Promotion. Promotion will continue through approximately 12.9.15 and will consist of up to 60 events.
Weekdays on or about 8:30am DJ will announce the “WAZY WORKDAY SONG of the DAY”. During the contest between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, when DJ plays that specific song those wishing and eligible to participate will call 765-474-7400. Callers will be taken in order and the 9th caller will be the winner. Odds of being the 9th caller are indeterminable and based on the number of people playing and qualified to play.
1. WAZY-FMwill conduct the contest on weekdays during the above listed dates for a chance to win the following prize:
2. WAZY-FMreserves the right to end the contest at any time without additional notice.
3. Contestants may win a maximum of one (1) time during the entire length of the promotion. A maximum of one (1) winner per household will be allowed for this entire promotion. Employees, associates, and interns of WAZY-FM, other related sponsors, and their immediate families may not participate and are not eligible to win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
4. Each weekday on or about 8:30am during the promotional period, WAZY-FMwill announce a new WAZY WORKDAY SONG of the DAY to listen for on air at least (1) times per day.
5. When the specific song plays between 9a and 5p any listener may place a phone call to WAZY-FM. WAZY-FMwill accept the 9th caller. That caller, if eligible and not a prior winner will win $96.50.
6. Any winning contestant must be the participant who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to participate in the contest. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in the contest on another person’s behalf.
7. There will be a maximum of (1) winner(s) per weekday. This contest and the prize values may be ended or altered at the sole discretion of WAZY-FM.
8. Each daily winner will be required to submit sufficient identification in person including a valid driver’s license to claim $96.50.
9. Persons who have won another contest or promotion of any kind from WAZY-FM within 30 calendar days before the contest date are ineligible to win.
10. Difficulties with phone lines to enter the contest or getting to WAZY-FM studios to claim prizes are not the responsibility of WAZY-FM.
11. As winner you will be required to sign a WAZY-FM release form before your prize will be awarded. You will be responsible for all applicable title fees, registration fees, and taxes including state, local, and federal.
12. As a grand prize winner, you acknowledge that WAZY-FM has the right to, without further authorization, publicize your name, character likeness, photograph, voice, and the fact that you are a prize winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
13. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win the contest. Void where prohibited.
14. There will be no substitution for prizes. Participation in the contest and the prizes awarded are non-transferable. Failure to collect the prize constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of WAZY-FM. Another winner will not be selected.
15. WAZY-FM reserves the right to make rule or contest changes without notice at any time. WAZY-FMalso reserves the right to change the aforementioned contest dates without notice.
16. The decision of WAZY-FM management in the interpretation of these rules is final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official rules.
17. If the winner is found in violation of the rules, he/she may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
18. WAZY-FM, its representatives, agencies and employees, are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
19. WAZY-FM, its representatives, agencies and employees, are not responsible for any changes or difficulties in travel or prize delivery.
20. The $96.50 prize will be awarded by check.
21. The checks will be available within One month of winning. Winners will be called by station staff when their check is ready to be picked up. The 30 day forfeiture rule begins on that date.